- Panch Pokhari Lakes Nepal
- Dorje Lakpa
- Panch Pokhari Round
- Sano Okhreni Way to Panch Pokhari
- View from Pach Pokhari
Panch Pokhari Trek
- Duration : 16 Days
- Primary activity : Trekking and Hiking
- Secondary activity: Nature and Culture
- Group size : Min. 2 pax
- Max-Altitude : 4100m/13451 ft
- Country: Nepal
- Transportation: Private Vehicle
- Trip starts from: Kathmandu
- Ends in: Kathmandu
- Meals: Nepali and Continental
- Accomodation: Lodge and Tent Camp
- Trip Route: Kathmandu-Chautara-Phurse-Kami Kharka-Hille Bhanjyang-Nasim Pati-Panch Pokhari-Nasim Pati-Dukhang-Dhap-Melamchi Bazaar-Kathmandu
“Where ever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.”
This trek to Panch Pokhari at the base of Jugal Himal offers pristine mountain views, rich culture and genuine adventure. Trekkers first travel by bus to Chautara, five hours northeast of Kathmandu towards the Tibetan border. This trek starts from 1,450m and goes up to 4,100m at Panch Pokhari. The lake is located in a beautiful natural setting that’s why it has become a travel destination in the Nepal’s tourism industry.
We travel through a mixture of beautiful mountain scenery and the terraced fields and characteristic houses of rural villages from different ethnic groups. On your first night you will experience life in the village homes of Sherpa and Tamang people and your guide will give a short talk on trekking, altitude sickness and the highlights of the trek. These include the holy Five Lakes, the incredible Himalayan scenery and the life style of nomadic people unchanged by time. The unusual climatic and geographical mix makes this area a naturalist’s dream and a Mecca for those who appreciate traditional cultures. The trekking trail to Panch Pokhari is a delightful walking adventure traversing through lush forests, green mountains, traditional farming lands, traditional villages and high hills of typical Nepal that shows views of far off mountains lost in horizon. On your first night, you will experience life in the village homes of Sherpa and Tamang people and your guide will give a short talk on trekking, altitude sickness and the highlights of the trek. The higher elevation regions are mostly inhabited by Tamang, Sherpa, Gurung, Rai, Limbu, Magar communities who are originally called the Himalayan people or mountain people. Moreover lots of historical places, religious places, Caves and naturally beautiful lakes are other important things for noble experience. The region of Panch Pokhari is encompassed by various Himalayas which are Langtang Himalayan Range, Jugal Himalayan Range, Mt. Dorje Lakpa, Mt. Phurbi Chyaachu, Mt. Madiya, and others Himalayas.
This is a very spectacular and spiritual trek which is visited by many Hindu and Buddhist pilgrimages visit this region every year. And the Panch Pokhari region is globally recognized as ninth high wetland of the globe which is still unspoiled by urbanization. For those looking for a spiritual, tranquil, and scenic trek, the Panch Pokhari Trek is the one for them. Contact Nepal Mountain Trekkers now join this amazing trek with our professional team.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 02: Kathmandu Valley city tours and preparation for trek.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Chautara (1200m/3937 ft).
Day 04: Chautara to Phurse (2045m/6709 ft).
Day 05: Phurse to Kami Kharka (2845m/9333 ft).
Day 06: Kami Kharka to Pauwa Bas (3000m/9842 ft).
Day 07: Pauwa Bas to Hille Bhanjyang (3400m/11154 ft).
Day 08: Hille Bhanjyang to Nasim Pati (3700m/12139 ft).
Day 09: Nasim Pati to Panch Pokhari (4100m/13451).
Day 10: Rest Day at Panch Pokhari
Day 11: Panch Pokhari to Nasim Pati (3700m/12139 ft).
Day 12: Nasim Pati to Dukhang (2100m/6889 ft).
Day 13: Dukhang to Dhap (1200m/3937).
Day 14: Dhap to Melamchi Bazaar (800m/2624 ft).
Day 15: Drive from Melamchi to Kathmandu
Day 16: Farewell Day
- Airport Pickup and Drop
- 4 nights Hotel in Kathmandu (Hotel Horizon Kathmandu)
- All accommodation and meals during the trek (Full Board)
- Private Vehicle
- An experienced and professional English-speaking trekking guide, assistant trekking guide (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- Four seasonal sleeping bag, down jacket, Nepal Mountain Trekkers duffer bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (Note: down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
- TIMS Card and Langtang National Parks entrance fees.
- A comprehensive medical kit
- 13 % VAT and 10% service charge
- Farewell dinner
- Nepal Entry Visa fee (Visa Information)
- International airfare and excess baggage charges
- Food in Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation and meal costs in Kathmandu due to any change in scheduled itinerary
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters